Finally! A vegan protein powder I can confidently recommend. I am not a vegan myself and do prefer whey when it comes to protein powder but I do work with many people who are plant based and need a high quality protein powder to supplement with. We all know the convenience of a protein powder and for the longest time I struggled to make a recommendation for a vegan protein powder for those who live a plant based lifestyle! Here are the issues I ran into while finding a good one:
- Ingredients – many have a huge list of ingredients that make me question the quality / effectiveness.
- Consistency/texture/taste – this is probably the biggest one among ALL protein powders haha. Nobody likes gritty or chalky. This is especially prevalent in vegan powders.
- Amino acid profile – when eating a plant based diet in general this is something to be aware of considering there are very few plant based sources of complete proteins. A complete protein consists of all 9 essential amino acids that your body needs to thrive because it doesn’t make them on it’s own (more on the importance of this below).
- Allergens – many plant based products contain gluten and soy, which aren’t inherently bad, they just are common allergens / sensitivities for many people.
- High in carbs/fats – nothing wrong with either of these macronutrients but when you are looking for a protein powder, you’d hope it would be mostly protein!
Why is protein important anyway? Well, to sum it up, it’s needed for the maintenance of every single cell in the body, which is why it’s very important to ensure adequate intakes of amino acids, especially complete proteins. Muscle, skin, hair, nails, blood cells, enzymes, hormones, neurotransmitters and antibodies are all made up of protein. In fact, ALL tissues in the body are made up of protein. Which is why enough needs to be consumed to obtain optimal health and metabolic function. Another huge benefit is it also helps regulate blood sugar (no more dips & spikes in energy levels).
With that being said, whatever your eating style or preferences, ya need protein. And this is why I’m extra excited to have an option that ANYONE can enjoy.
Vegan Power Pro Benefits (headline)
- Ingredients! – Pea Protein Isolate, Cocoa Powder, Brown Rice Protein, Natural Flavors, Xanthan Gum, and Stevia. That’s it! (this is for the chocolate flavor- it varies slightly) Like any 1st Phorm product, each ingredient comes from high quality sources.
- Consistency/texture/taste – as a whey drinker, I will admit it’s different BUT it’s not bad. It mixes super well, it’s smooth and not chalky or gritty at all. It is a lot thicker than usual protein though so if you don’t like it as thick, just add more liquid! It’s less sweet than what I was used to but I actually preferred this. You can always add sweetness!
- Amino acid profile – Vegan Power Pro is made from a blend of pea and brown rice protein, making it a complete protein with all 9 essential aminos acids.
- Allergens – no soy, gluten or dairy!
- Macros! – minimal carbs and fats, mostly protein (how it should be!)
A few other amazing things about this protein is that it has a green superfood blend, which helps further nourish your body, properly absorb/use the protein and help the recovery process even more. It also has a phytonutrient blend that helps reduce inflammation in your body and fights damaging free radicals.
Who Should Use Vegan Power Pro? (headline)
Vegans (duh), anyone who doesn’t digest whey well*** or people who just want another protein option (like myself).
***In many cases, people who believe they are sensitive to whey are actually just sensitive to crappy protein. I used to think this as well until I tried 1st Phorm’s Phormula 1 (post workout protein) and Level 1 (meal replacement protein). Both of these are made with the highest quality ingredients and manufactured properly (at low temperatures). This process makes both of these very easy on the stomach and are actually very close to being lactose free. If you think you are sensitive to whey, I definitely recommend trying these.
What does Vegan Power Pro Taste Like? (headline)
But hey, regardless of your reason for trying Vegan Power Pro, you won’t regret it. It tastes great, mixes well, gives your body what it needs and makes you feel amazing. I personally will be using this for things like protein balls, protein cookies, protein soft serve, smoothie bowls, you name it. I bought the chocolate flavor (vanilla wasn’t out yet) but I’d actually recommend getting the vanilla because it’s more versatile. With this you could just add cacao powder to make it chocolate flavored, add PB2 to make it peanut butter flavored, blend it with frozen berries to make it berry flavored, catch my drift here? Vanilla is the flavor that does it all, just sayin. Pictured above is just 1 scoop of the protein with almond milk until it’s a pudding consistency, so good! Perfect way to make a ‘smoothie bowl’ without a blender ; )
Where to get Vegan Power Pro (headline)
Check out more of the details on Vegan Power Pro HERE. If you decide to add it to your routine, go ahead and order through that link as well. It gives all of my clients free shipping on their orders, so even if you aren’t a client feel free to use it yourself because who doesn’t want free shipping? If for any reason it’s not for you, send it on back and you’ll get a full refund + %10 no questions asked. You can try it risk free!
If you have any questions, you know where to find me: [email protected]